Thursday, September 2, 2010

Beginning of the School Year!

So here we are....a few more days until school starts. I will be teaching the first half of my semester at Lincoln Elementary School in South Haven, MI. My cooperating teacher, Carrie, is fantastic and I know I am going to learn a lot about whole group teaching, pacing and general education curriculum from her. I am excited to start my unit plan which will be on Michigan. The curriculum in South Haven focuses a lot on Michigan History. I plan on also doing a special day focused on South Africa so my students can make the connection that I will be leaving soon to teach there. I would love for my students at Lincoln to correspond with my students at Kingswood College through blogging and writing letters. I think that would be an experience that would help motivate students to WRITE as well as it would be very relevant and tangible insofar as the letters would be coming from where I am located!

All for now....

Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment