Friday, October 22, 2010

First Day in Grahamstown

I met Prof Baxen when I arrived last night and she is FANTASTIC! Super warm & positive. Her mother and son(17 years old) are staying in the house as well as two girls at the cottage which is attached to the house.

Leah and Nichole are in the house with me right now too. The two girls who are staying at the cottage will be leaving on Sunday and Leah and Nichole will move in there, and I will stay in the house. There is a house cleaner named Maureen who comes once a week.

Grandma has us call her Grandma and she showed us her/Prof Baxen's garden today which is absolutely beautiful. Lots of flowers and plants I have never seen before as well as a lemon tree and peach tree, carrots growing, pumpkins, etc. She is a wonderful woman and I feel like I will become very close with her while I am here. She reminds me of my grandmas ..... I love talking to her.

It is a rainy day today, its noon here, and we are just relaxing and getting to know each other. Nicole and I did not have to teach today because of our voyage, but the other three girls are at their schools teaching! It looks like school starts for us at 7am and I'm not sure what time it goes until.

This weekend will be full of traveling I'm sure, I don't feel jet lagged but I am going to take a short nap right now until we head out to the grocery store & hopefully somewhere I can find a prepaid phone.

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment