Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 20-21 The Long Flight!

October 20
I’ve been waiting too much today! The flight from Detroit to Atlanta was good; I thought it was a little bumpy though. Right now I’m sitting on the plane and we will be leaving soon for South Africa! I have to get ready for 15 hours of sitting! I’m planning on listening to music, reading, using my computer and sleeping! There are many types of people on this flight. I wonder if a lot of people are going for vacation in S.A or if they live there. The two gentlemen sitting by me are speaking a different language, I later found out it was indeed Afrikaans. It still feels surreal that I am going away for two months. I am looking forward to meeting new people, tasting new food and learning a TON about the education programs in South Africa.

October 21
Almost there! From Atlanta to Johannesburg it was about 8,100 miles. Wow, the flight was very easy! We only have one and a half hours left and I watched one movie and slept the majority of the time. We just flew over Namibia and Botswana! It’s only 11:15am back in Stevensville, but it is 5:15pm here in South Africa. When we arrive at our destination, it will be around 6:15pm. I am so excited. I can’t wait to meet my students, see the school I will be teaching at and meet Professor Baxen! All for now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment