Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One week to go!

Only one more week until I'm headed to Detroit to catch my 3:30pm flight to South Africa! I am SO excited. I feel like the next two months will be life changing for me as I explore new things and meet new people on my own. My last day at Lincoln Elementary is this Friday, and I have "South Africa" day planned out for my students. I am bringing in a few South African dishes (a potato salad dish and an aubergine dish and I have to give my parents props for making these for me!!!!They are amazing). I have two African books I will be reading to my students with beautiful pictures that show the culture well. We will be doing a few geography activities as well so students can piece together that I will be on a different continent & writing individual letters to my students in South Africa. I think I over planned, but hey, better to be over prepared then under, right? I am going to miss my students at Lincoln but I feel better about leaving because I know they will be pen-pals with my students at Kingswood College (as long as the teacher in S.A is willing as well). Well....all for now, I'm going to make sure I am all packed up to go! The next 6 days will be spent in Grand Rapids. Please be sure to follow my blog as I'll update frequently on my travels =)

No comments:

Post a Comment